Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Easy 5 Ingredient Crockpot Chicken Tacos

By boyfriend has been in a taco mood lately.  When I ask him what he would like me to cook for dinner his number one answer lately has been...tacos!

I wanted to try something new this week that was quick and easy to put together.  First thing that comes to mind is to use my crockpot.  I went to the grocery store, picked up a few ingredients, threw it all together, and the result...DELICIOUS!  The best part is is that it only takes 5 ingredients, depending on how your serve it!

So what do you need?
-Crockpot
-Chicken Breasts ( I used 3 large ones)
-Packet of Taco Seasoning
-1 can of corn (Or you could use frozen)
-I can of Rotell (I picked up the mild)
-I can of black beans



Optional:
-Taco Shells
-Guacamole
-Salsa
-Sour Cream
-Spanish Rice



So how do you make this delicios dish?  Easy peasy!

1.  Lay the thawed out chick breasts on the bottom of the crockpot.

2.  Sprinkle about half of the taco seasoning packet on top of the chicken breasts.

3. Pour the corn on top of the chicken.

4.  Next is the can of Rotell.

5.  Rinse the black beans and put those on top.

6.  Finish by pouring the rest of the taco seasoning packet on top.




I put the crockpot on low and cooked for about 4-5 hours on low.  After checking if the chicken is fully cooked (which it should be), shredd it.  Mix all the ingredients all together and your done!



My family served it on taco shells with mexican rice, salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.  Although your can also enjoy it plain in a bowl.  Both ways are delicious!



I hope you and your family enjoy this dish as much as mine did!

XOXO, Shayla Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment